Wednesday, July 18, 2007

When Can I See You Again (Babyface)

Here is a picture of Jaime's youngest son, Kaveen Austin KC. Just two days old, he's such a cutie pie! It seems that often times you can tell at birth (okay, after they've been cleaned up a bit) which parent the baby will look more like. Kaveen has the mixed coloring (his mom is white, his dad is from Nepal), but at this point, I really can't say who he looks more like as he doesn't really look like his mom or his dad.

By the way, Kaveen means poet in the Nepalese language. I guess it was the best name they could come up with that pleased both parents.


Today, I am thankful for:

1. Alarm clocks
2. Umbrellas
3. Quick fix meals
4. Double dipping
5. Water

What irks me today:
I hate it when I say the word, "gyp" or "gypped". I had learned several years ago that it was derived from the gypsies & that is how the negative connotation that is associated with it came about. I really hate it because of the negative connotation & there are SO many other words I (& others) can use in it's place to say what is really meant without offending a whole population of people, such as cheated or betrayed.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Awwww...babies are so cute! Tell Jaime congrats!

joel said...

oh wow, I never knew that about the word "gyped". I'll stop using it as well!