Sunday, January 20, 2008
And lately when she sleeps she talks about the past.
Her husband knows she's tired of holdin' on.
She looks at him and says I want to go home.
Sadly, Erin went 'home' on Friday evening.
From my previous post, here's what's been going on:
* I got my Market Salary Adjustment. Not 15% like I thought it was going to be, but 8% isn't bad either. I'll take it!
* I went to Kim's bridal shower & had a hoot. She got some cute & crazy gifts. My personal favorite was the red flower shoes & the worlds ugliest light fixture.
* I'm in the midst of planning Steve & Airi's baby shower. I think I've got it just about all figured out. Now all you folks need to RSVP back to me.
* Jenny had her baby about 2 1/2 weeks early because of her size. Little Fiona wasn't so little; she came into this world at 9 1/2 lbs!
* Cousin Deb found out that her twins are going to be girls. Yay!!
Last Sunday, it was absolutely gorgeous outside. Cold, but beautiful. Jeff had a hard time staying home & so we drove up to Snoqualmie Falls for all of about 10 minutes. Like I said, it was cold! So, on the way back home, we stopped at Jamba Juice because we weren't cold enough.
While I don't fully get it, SMCU is starting some new marketing thing about the 7 Principles. There are a couple YouTube videos out there. They took video & still photo shots of some employees & you never know... I may be on a video someday talking about what makes me feel good.
Today, I am thankful for:
1. The time I did get to spend with Erin
2. Honey Nut Cheerios
3. My camera
4. Recorded shows to watch later on
5. A clean house
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
- Market Salary adjustment of 15% (if my calculations are correct)
- Kim's bridal shower/bachelorette party
- Meeting Steve & Airi's baby
- Meeting Amy & Jeff's baby
- Meeting Jenny & Todd's baby
- Hearing about the birth of Deb's twins (boys? girls? one of each?)
- Going to Mike & Amanda's wedding
- Possibly seeing Gina's play in NYC
- Paying off all debts (my car & credit card)
- Finally making Suze Orman proud & establishing a real savings account
- Buying (& using!) a Food Saver
And one unavoidable thing:
- Erin's passing
Many of my readers remember my friend Erin. She was my dancing buddy (many weekends, we could be found at Polly Esthers, dancing the night away. She was also the "cheapskate" who came to Las Vegas & refused to pay for the buffet & got caught eating food she didn't buy). Erin was diagnosed a few years back with a cancerous tumor in her brain & over the past couple months, hasn't been doing too well. Now, it's just a matter of time before she passes & obviously, it makes me sad to know that this once active gal has deteriorated to nothing (both physically & mentally). I just hope when she goes, she goes quickly & that I'm not at work when I find out.
In more happy news, recently, I became in touch with my old friend Scott, who I hadn't seen in I don't know how long. It was long enough that he didn't know I had gotten married. Wow! As much as I really don't care for myspace, it did help us get in touch again. Yay for that!
I also just signed up for facebook because another friend had it. I really don't 'get' it. Perhaps someone can tell me the difference between myspace & facebook and help me navigate my way through it. As it is, I'm pretty much clicking on stuff & I have NO idea what I'm doing, exactly.
Today, I am thankful for:
- The health I do have
- The Lee
- Waterfall cards
- Digital cameras
- Rechargeable batteries
What irks me today:
Today, I'm not really annoyed or frustrated by this, but I think it's not quite appropriate to wear your pajamas &/or slippers in public. More & more, I see these (not always) young girls wearing their PJ's & slippers out and about. Sure it may be comfy & warm, but those are the clothes you wear to bed - not out to lunch.