Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Unbelievable (Diamond Rio)

It's crazy to think that another year has just begun. There are a few things I'm looking forward to in 2008:

  • Market Salary adjustment of 15% (if my calculations are correct)
  • Kim's bridal shower/bachelorette party
  • Meeting Steve & Airi's baby
  • Meeting Amy & Jeff's baby
  • Meeting Jenny & Todd's baby
  • Hearing about the birth of Deb's twins (boys? girls? one of each?)
  • Going to Mike & Amanda's wedding
  • Possibly seeing Gina's play in NYC
  • Paying off all debts (my car & credit card)
  • Finally making Suze Orman proud & establishing a real savings account
  • Buying (& using!) a Food Saver

And one unavoidable thing:

  • Erin's passing

Many of my readers remember my friend Erin. She was my dancing buddy (many weekends, we could be found at Polly Esthers, dancing the night away. She was also the "cheapskate" who came to Las Vegas & refused to pay for the buffet & got caught eating food she didn't buy). Erin was diagnosed a few years back with a cancerous tumor in her brain & over the past couple months, hasn't been doing too well. Now, it's just a matter of time before she passes & obviously, it makes me sad to know that this once active gal has deteriorated to nothing (both physically & mentally). I just hope when she goes, she goes quickly & that I'm not at work when I find out.

In more happy news, recently, I became in touch with my old friend Scott, who I hadn't seen in I don't know how long. It was long enough that he didn't know I had gotten married. Wow! As much as I really don't care for myspace, it did help us get in touch again. Yay for that!

I also just signed up for facebook because another friend had it. I really don't 'get' it. Perhaps someone can tell me the difference between myspace & facebook and help me navigate my way through it. As it is, I'm pretty much clicking on stuff & I have NO idea what I'm doing, exactly.

Today, I am thankful for:

  1. The health I do have
  2. The Lee
  3. Waterfall cards
  4. Digital cameras
  5. Rechargeable batteries

What irks me today:

Today, I'm not really annoyed or frustrated by this, but I think it's not quite appropriate to wear your pajamas &/or slippers in public. More & more, I see these (not always) young girls wearing their PJ's & slippers out and about. Sure it may be comfy & warm, but those are the clothes you wear to bed - not out to lunch.

5 comments:

joel said...

holy cow, is that the same Scott that said he drove Britney Spears from Seattle to Oregon?

Jen said...

Indeed!

joel said...

wowsers. I totally remembers going over to the E-burg and visiting him, and he had this HUGE gash on his leg. I think I have a photo of that around here somewhere...

Jen said...

I totally remember that picture, but I don't remember why he had that gash. Attack of the rose thorns or something... Hmmm... we'll have to find that picture & then ask him about it.

Trevil said...

He looks like the dude from MadTV!