Last night was the couple's baby shower for Steve & Airi & their soon-to-be child, that I planned for them. I've never put together a baby shower before. I've never put together any kind of shower before. I think it turned out pretty okay, though, if I do say so myself.
I wanted it to be pretty low-key, yet fun & still kinda 'shower-y' so that the guys wouldn't feel totally out of place in what is typically a "girl's event". As it turned out, the guys were almost more into it than the girls were, especially with the games.
We played 4 games, of which the guys won 3 of them:
1. Guess how many 'poopies' were in the diaper - Steve came closest & won movie passes for two, plus some candy.
2. Guess the baby animal - Jeff had the most correct & won a nice big tub of animal cookies.
3. Guess how big Airi's belly is (with a piece of yarn) - Ann won a Famous Dave's gift card for coming closest.
4. Identify the jars of baby food - David & Katherine tied at this one, both guessing 5 of the 7 jars correctly & won a certificate to The Met.
Woo! Good job & thanks for playing.
Next, presents were opened by Steve. A few of the items received were receiving blankets, swaddlers, onesies, bibs, socks & the well needed diapers (direct from Randy's personal stash - thanks, Randy!).
Finally, what's a night with the GFF's without poker? For those who stayed & played, $5 was the buy-in. I was down to $1.85, but two wins back-to-back got me back up & on my feet again. My high point was $9-something, but I lost a few to Randy in the end. When I cashed out, I was still above my original $5. Good times, my friends. Good times.
Today, I am thankful for:
1. Get togethers with friends
2. New poker "felt"
4. Leftover party foods
You won't want to miss this!
9 years ago