Sunday, February 10, 2008

Jingle Bombs (Achmed, the dead terrorist)





I can't believe how much time has passed since I last posted, yet not a whole heckuva lot has happened. Same ol', same ol' really. Let's see if I can remember the highlights...


I cooked a turkey dinner last Saturday for my dad & Helyn, who came over for the first time in 4 1/2 years specifically for dinner. I've been to his house for BBQs, but he's never come here for dinner. Until now. Maybe that will change now that he knows I "can" cook. Probably not, though.

I'm done kitty sitting Nutmeg. I enjoyed Nutmeg's company, but she's not exactly a next door neighbor either.

Superbowl Sunday was spent at David & Katherine's home. There was a ton of tasty foods (including my contribution - enchilada ring). We met Tialen & Ann's 2 month old daughter, Lauren. We played a little bit of Texas Hold'em on Steve's new felt. And, Airi & I were the big winners of the mini-superbowl pool that we made up that afternoon.

I had my annual review last week & it was confirmed that I'm just like Mary Poppins - practically perfect in every way. Just kidding. I know areas in which I can improve, but I'm not going to complain about my 2nd raise of the year. Ch-Ching!

Joanna, Kat & I went to see ventriloquist Jeff Dunham tonight. I've seen him before on some tv special, I'm sure. What a funny guy! If you haven't seen him before, check him out on some YouTube videos. My cheeks were definitely hurting from laughter.

Jeff let me know this morning that he saved me from something really awful last night. While laying in bed, he told me to look on the floor on my side of the bed. There was puke down there, no biggie. He said Tubbs was standing above my head when he started doing the "I'm going to puke any minute" gag & so Jeff pushed him onto the floor. I'm so thankful that Jeff was 'awake' enough to get Tubbs away from my head! I slept through all of this & had NO idea it was happening.

Today, I am thankful for:

1. Hybrid cars
2. Recycling
3. Rechargeable batteries
4. Energy saving light bulbs
5. Reusable grocery bags

3 comments:

Steve said...

Jeff should have recorded Tubbs puking on you and posted it on YouTube :P

joel said...

that, or, you know, break.com pays $400 if your video is good enough for their front page ;)

Jen said...

Even so... I'm glad I didn't awake to puke on my face.