Monday, April 14, 2008

Fever (Peggy Lee)

I'm blaming it on the exercise.

Last week, Jeff & I had a conversation about how we need to be more active (actually, he was doing most of the conversing while I listened, nodded my head a few times & threw in a couple of "uh-huh's"). I agree & admit, though, that I especially have been on the lazy side as of lately. I wake up early, work all day & the last thing I want to do at night is make sweat pour out of my pores.

But, I mustered up the strength last Wednesday & spent 20 minutes on the elliptical, though, if I'm being perfectly honest like Simon Cowell always is, I was pretty much ready to be done after 2 minutes. I kept going though. Jeff would have been proud of how I persisted through.

After my 20 minute stint, I happily got off & unplugged that so-called fat burning machine, said good night to John Tesh & went back inside the house. And it all went downhill from there.

Here I am, 5 days later, still feeling like poo. I've done nothing but lay on the sofas downstairs, watching television, sweating & complaining about how hot I am in between slightly restful bouts of sleep.

The NyQuil isn't doing much to make me sleep any harder & the Riccola isn't making my sore throat any less sore. I'm just a funky mess!

Yeah, I'm blaming the elliptical.

In spite of feeling like death warmed over, I can still find things to be thankful for:


Today, I am thankful for:

1. Having 130 hours of Personal Leave for moments just like this
2. Lots of recorded shows to catch up on
3. OJ (The juice, not the accused murderer)
4. Cool showers that helps to ease my aching hair
5. My spouse who is graciously putting up with my bitching, coughing, sneezing, nose blowing, feverish, lethargic self

No comments: