Friday, March 05, 2010

Never Gonna Be Alone (Nickelback)

There's a line from this song that instantly came to mind when I was just looking at my last blog post... from 13 months ago!!

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Time is going by
so much faster than I
and I'm starting to regret
not spending all of it with you
Time has gone by & I don't even know where to begin on updating this blog.

Let's see... Last March, I went to Disneyland with Joanna:
It had been a super long time since I'd been there last (at least 10 years). California Adventure was new to me. Several of the rides have been renovated/updated (CARS, Finding Nemo, Pirates of the Caribbean, e.g.).

We had a good time, but let me tell you, my feet were SO tired & sore. I think they're finally getting back to 'normal'.


I participated in a fundraiser with some folks from my company for the Tukwila Food Bank.
This was my team - Steve, Aimee, Lise & me



Since the popularity of social network sites, I was able to reconnect with several folks from my past. In April, my old girl scout troop got together for a potluck / reunion. It's been roughly 20 years since seeing some of these girls & their mothers.
In May, I went Walking with the Dinosaurs at Key Arena. It was dark & my camera isn't the best. Much of my photos were blurry.

In May, I also participated in my annual fundraiser for the March of Dimes. Kinda sad that Trina wasn't there to walk with me (she's my MoD partner), but she was living in Las Vegas at the time.
I went on my first (& only) meetup group in June - a "hike" in Maple Valley. I say "hike" in quotations because it was more of a leisurely walk - on a paved/flat "trail". It was a very dog-friendly meetup group.
On July 4th, I trekked over to Eastern WA (Toppenish) for a mini-family reunion with my dad & sister. It was nice to see some family that I haven't seen since the last funeral (about 4 years ago)

In July, I Rode the Duck with Jeff, Michelle & Brett, his sister & niece. It's something I had wanted to try/do since the Duck fleet came to Seattle awhile back. It just looked fun. And it was. I really enjoyed myself.

The Link Light Rail project from near SeaTac airport to downtown Seattle was completed in July & I rode the inaugural weekend. Even got a sticker to prove it. I have been on it twice since then - both times was to get to downtown for a musical (Wicked & Sound of Music sing-a-long).


In July, I was also invited to go on a sailing/camping trip with Jaime & her family to Saddlebag Island. Even though I stayed for just one night, I REALLY enjoyed this trip (until I got stung by a bee). It was really cool to sail to our destination.

In August, Jeff & I attempted a hike up Mt. Si with Michelle. I had completed this hike back in 1993 with my high school's hiking club & I remember it being very difficult. I had forgotten, apperently, JUST how difficult it was. We got a bit up the mountain & decided not to continue (Michelle did go back up a week or so later & finished). On the way back down, I got bit twice by a horsefly or something with fangs. That sucker took a bite & would not let go. OUCH! I swore on that mountain that day.


For my sister's birthday, I took her out (for lunch & stuff) & she wanted to stop by our mom's gravesite. I don't find it necessary or rewarding to visit the cemetary, but I did bring my camera with me to take a few pictures from that day. Hope you're R'ingIP, Momma Lou.

September brought the 3rd annual Girls Night Out at the Melting Pot. A bit of a bummer that Airi wasn't able to make it, but Mickey joined us this time. Yay! I love my girls & my cheese!!


Jeff purchased his 16th car - a 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit. Stay tuned for his 17th. Not sure what or when, but inevitably, it's coming.

Jeff & I had talked about moving & if we did, that meant fixing up our home to get it ready for selling. Over Christmas break, we painted our tall wall, rearranged the living room furniture, repaired the bathroom wallpaper, hung up some picture frames & clock, finished painting the fireplace & hung up a rod in the closet in the den (a.k.a. office). After all this was completed, we kinda both thought, "I actually kinda like this... let's stay."

I've kinda been slacking on photos as of lately, but here's a rundown of other things that have been going on:

  • Jeff received his layoff notice. After 10+ years of employment, April 23rd will be Jeff's last day with The Boeing Co.
  • We are going to Maui for 10 days in July for my sister-in-law's wedding
  • I bought a wii last spring & am now ready to sell it (yeah, that didn't last too long).
  • I bought a laptop last November. I like it, but wish I had an actual mouse to use for navigation.
  • Jeff & I finally caved (after many hours of research - primarily on his end) & bought smart phones. We gave up T-Mobile for Sprint. It just made sense for us financially, especially because we weren't sure when Jeff's job was going to end.
  • Joanna & I had talked about going back to Disneyland. In fact, had we gone, we would be there right now. For financial reasons, we chose to stay home
  • As of January 31st, I am no longer a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.

Today, I am thankful for:

1. Community

2. Continued employment

3. Facebook

4. My slippers

5. Boyshorts

1 comment:

Jeff said...

We have a den??