Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades (Timbuk 3)

In the past, I've had a few cases where I just *knew* something was up. A premonition, perhaps? A hunch, perchance? Maybe I've got a little psychic capabilities within me. Here's the 3 that come to mind when I think of these things:




1. I was dating a guy who took me to a bbq where I met a bunch of his friends for the first time. When he introduced me to one of his female friends, with absolutely no reason to think this, I thought, "I wonder how far along she is..." Shortly after, a bunch of girls were standing around her, shrieking their congratulations to her as she just announced she was pregnant. Oooh, weird!




2. Remember that old movie Parenthood? I loved that movie when I was younger. Okay, I admit it, I still get a chuckle out of it (when your sliding into home and your pants are filled with foam.. diarrhea.. diarrhea..). Anyways, one day out of the blue, I was just wondering to myself, "I wonder whatever happened to Ivyann Schwan..." She's the one who played the little girl, Patty. A few days later, I went to a Mariner's baseball game & she sang the National Anthem. Oooh, creepy!









3. I used to work in a building where the employee bathrooms were in plain view of my cubicle & one day, the branch manager walked into the bathroom & it just popped into my head, "Janet's pregnant." I didn't know Janet on a personal level so I couldn't exactly come out and accuse her of being pregnant. But when she did make her announcement, I felt like I had already known. Oooh, strange!


So, what does this have to do with anything? Well, today was kinda another one of those days. Tonight, Jeff & I were driving towards Federal Way when out of the blue, I asked him, "If I knew we were going to be rear ended, would you want me to tell you?" The reason I asked was if you "know" you're going to be in an accident, you tend to tense up & it can hurt worse than getting his without knowing/without tensing up. Lo & behold, we were driving to Azteca when boom, we were rear ended. Oooh, freaky!

Thankfully, everyone was okay (as far as I can tell thus far). We were at a stop light where I stopped, then pulled forward a little bit more to turn right & almost went, but there was a car coming & so I actually stopped again. That's when the little Acura hit us. He had gone under my car a little bit & I could only tell this when we got out of the cars & looked at whatever damage was done. My car was fine. His, however, was not. His hood was smashed up a little bit, one of his headlights was broken & there was black all over the front end of his hood, from my spare tire that hangs below the trunkal area of my Xterra. I wish I had my camera with me.

He said we had two options - exchange info or not exchange info. Since he didn't have insurance (bad driver!!), he'd prefer if we didn't, but understood if we did want to go that route. He knew it was his fault & since the damage was to his car only that he'd have to pay for whatever to fix it. Since there wasn't any damage to my car, I didn't see any reason to involve the authorities or our insurance companies.



Today, I am thankful for:


1. 10 free Ateca dinners, courtesy Speedy Auto Glass
2. $5.99 movies from Best Buy
3. 40 free Blockbuster flicks
4. 1 Jesus shoe & shell necklace found in borrowed suitcases
5. 7 grams of fiber in my air-popped popcorn

5 comments:

joel said...

that was awfully kind of you guys to forgive that driver like that. luckily, one thing about driving a taller vehicle is that if you're ever rear-ended by a car, chances are, you'll destroy their hood without even a scratch to your car. love it.

oh, and you know, sometimes, I'll have a song appear in my head mere moments before it comes on the radio.

...

Jenn, we TOTALLY need an 800 number for our services! :)

Steve said...

I would say you should get his info anyways. You never know if you find some damage later or some injury later. When I was reading this post, I was thinking that "rear ended" was code for you being pregnant :P

Jen said...

yeah, "rear-ended" by some young punk kid...

I think Airi will be pregnant before I am.

joel said...

I'm guessing you meant to say:

"I think Airi will be rear-ended before I am."

heh

Jen said...

You are correct Joel... Airi will probably be rear-ended before I am.