Sunday, July 27, 2008

Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)


I was planning on having a stamp camp using all retiring stamp sets on July 26th, but for various reasons, not very many people could attend & so for the few that were attending, I decided to take my stamp camp to them. But first, we were going to do a Girl's Day Out.
'
Aimee, Nicole, Tracy, Debbie & I went to breakfast at Chanterelles. I'm not a huge fan of coffee, but I drink the ocassional cup o' joe & I know what tastes good & what doesn't. Chanterelle's has the BEST vanilla latte ever AND it's the size of your head. All for under $3. You can't beat that!
'
Next stop: Edmonds Museum Summer Market. Lots of booths selling lots of cherries & flowers & hand-crafted jewelry & such. I bought a pair of pretty earrings to go with any of the pink shirts I own. I also bought a couple forks for camping (Jeff will be able to roast his hot dogs over the fire with these bad boys). Seriously, some people are so innovative (I like thinking inside the proverbial box, I suppose) - these forks have golf club handles & actual silverware fork tips attached to the end. I haven't used them yet, but I'm guessing the only downside to these is that because it's an actual fork, you can probably only roast one hot dog at a time. Good thing I bought two.
'
Can't have a girl's day out with out getting pedicures so Kara Nails is where Tracy & I headed to next (while Aimee & Nicole went to the pet store & Debbie went home to install her new garbage disposal). Tracy & I just had regular ol' pedis, but the gal who was already in the chair before us was having a honey pedicure. I had never heard of this before, but the gal said it was Heavenly. Tracy & I agreed we WILL be back for it. You can count on that!
'
Last stop was to Tracy's house where we did end up doing the Adios Amigos Stamp Camp afterall. Just a few girls, but it was A-OK. It went by rather quickly (quick enough to get Nicole to the pool for her swim meet.
'
Aside from girl's day out, I have been mighty busy making card fronts (they're not complete cards - it's just the front & looks quite like a postcard) to swap with other demonstrators when I go to my Stampin' Up Convention next week in Utah. I am making approximately 140 card fronts. Most of the time, I get my ideas from other demonstrators who've posted pictures of their cards on a website I frequent. But, since I was swapping this card, I didn't want to accidentally swap with someone whose card idea I stole. So, this one is all on my own. What a mistake. I think it's a lovely card, but there's over 1200 pieces (of various sized cardstock) that needed to be punched out. I have punches, but now, I also have a very cramped hand.
'
Last weekend, Kathy, Jeff & I went to the Mariner's game at Safeco Field with my company as part of our Summer Event. The M's lost, of course, but I had a good day. Took lots of pictures, of course. Check 'em out & tell me what you think (esp. of my artsy-fartsy purse picture).
'
Today, I am thankful for:
'
1. Friends
2. Flickr
3. MyPublisher
4. Free Games
5. Mono-Adhesive

No comments: