Monday, August 18, 2008

Summer (Alien Ant Farm)

Man, I gotta stop doing this. It's hard to remember what's been going on when I wait so long in between posts.

At the very end of July/beginning of August, I went to my first Stampin' Up Convention in Salt Lake City. It was VERY warm (upper 90's - low 100's). I had an incredible time!! I learned a lot of various things that I want to incorporate into my SU business. We'll see how long the momentum will last.

Speaking of stamping, my company has asked me to make the invitations for our 'Autumn Extraordinaire' a.k.a. holiday party. I've got the invite all planned out, but I'm just waiting on approval for the verbiage to use.

And, when I was showing one gal on our Social Committee who was approving the design, etc. of the invitation, another gal came over & wants me to make some invitations to a Soup Party she has each year. I already have the design down on that one, but am waiting on the color choices. Perhaps we'll get it figured out tomorrow.

I'm super excited about these!!

Next on the agenda is to get a stamp camp planned for my home & then start working on my Christmas Card Stamp-a-Stack, where you'll get to make 16 cards (4 each of 4 designs) for just $20. How nice will it be to have all your Christmas cards done early so that by the time Thanksgiving or Dec 1st rolls around, all you have to do is drop your cards off in the mail? I would LOVE for this to be me this year. Even though I make cards, it still seems as though I tend to slack on sending them out.

One of my goals this year is to make birthday cards for all my co-workers. With 130ish employees, it's a mighty task, but I'm up for the challenge. It's fun receiving home-made cards, don't ya think?

No comments: