Friday, August 29, 2008

The Best Things in Life are Free (Janet Jackson)



This morning I was sitting on the train, reading a Dean Koontz novel & listening to my mp3 player when I faintly heard the familiar ring that is T-Mobile. The gal across from me looked at her cell phone & then put it away. Crap, that means it's probably mine & who's calling me at 8am on a Friday? It's my good friend Kathy, who I haven't talked to in several weeks, wanting to know if I wanted to go to the Seahawk game tonight. "Well, I really don't care for football," I tell her, but she says, "Who cares? It's free tickets to a sold out game!" Good point. "Okay, I'll go."


Aside from the Bacon Bowl several years ago & the annual March of Dimes walks that I participate in, I had never been to Qwest Field. Our seats were up on the 300 level & several rows up at that. Quite reminiscent of the 'nosebleeds' at Safeco Field & the view was just as good. Other than the fact that it was very cold & very windy up there, I had a great time; I'm glad I went.



Today, I am thankful for:


1. Winning sports teams
2. $9 dues
3. ATM projects near completion
4. Mel's Market
5. Free parking

No comments: