Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm Yours (Jason Mraz)

I'm kinda sad about it, but my 5 day weekend is quickly coming to an end. I had a busy weekend, for sure. I think that's why it seemed to go by so quick.

My long weekend started on Thursday night when I met up with Kat, Aimee, Desiree & Tracy for Girls Night Out at the Melting Pot. For only $24 per person, we enjoyed some mighty tasty cheese fondue, salad & chocolate fondue. Yes, I was just there, but oh, it was SO worth it to go back!

Friday was busy day full of errands to the dentist (no cavities, but I got a cool little [I mean little] toothbrush), the hairstylist (just a trim, kids) & the doctor (to get a couple [yes, two!!] inhalers.

Saturday morning was a blur. Saturday evening, I met up with Kat in Factoria (where I purchased my long-awaited Food Saver) & we went to my holiday dinner at Salty's. Some of our holiday parties have been boring or the entertainment was no good. Not this time, though; I had a blast! There was an incredible buffet, a live band, a game of limbo. Oh and lets not forget about the wonderful prizes, of which I didn't win (boo).

Sunday night, Jeff & I met up with my friend Jen to watch another co-worker in her first Improv performance. It was her 201 class just doing a bunch of games. Some were better than others, but ALL were better than I'd ever be. After the 201 class performed, the 301 class performed a bunch of games. Afterwards, Jeff & I headed to one of our favorite northend places for some Happy Hour dinner. Yum.

The only thing planned for Monday was to see Jason Mraz at the Paramount Theatre. I didn't realize this, but I only know two JM songs - You & I Both (which was performed MUCH slower than I was accustomed) & I'm Yours (one of 5 songs he did as part of his encore). It was a pretty good show, even though I didn't know most of his music. The best part had to be when two girls stood up & were dancing to some song & an usher came & told them to sit down. Many people (myself included) clapped when they finally did sit.

Tuesday was reserved for stamping & I wanted to do a little cooking. I finished prepping for my Christmas card stamp-a-stack scheduled for this upcoming weekend & I made 4 cards that I sold to a co-worker. I have to admit, it took a little bit longer than I had anticipated. I only had time to cook one thing today - a Rachael Ray version of Shepherd's Pie recipe, w/a couple of adjustments based on some of the reviews. It was FAN-TAS-TIC! Definitely going in my recipe box for future dinners.

No comments: