Sunday, October 29, 2006

It's Been Awhile (Staind)

It seems it's been a long, long time since I've posted. I guess not a whole lot has been going on. Well, that's not entirely true:

Heather, who is part of my (okay, she's my only) Stampin' Up downline has asked me to represent Stampin' Up at two holiday bazaar type deals she's putting together. The first one, on November 11th, is at the clubhouse in her community in Gig Harbor. The second one, is either at the end of November or the first part of December (dates TBD) is at her jobsite. From what I understand, they're not really a traditional bazaar where you go out and buy stuff from the vendor's table, but just a bunch of DSAs representing their products. Terry, who is my upline has told me that there usually isn't much generated from these type of events, so I'm not holding my breath. I am hoping to meet some new faces, generate even a little interest & hopefully get at least one or two camps from it.

Since getting engaged in May, I've really let my business go. I'm still an active demonstrator & it puzzles me how that's possible since I really haven't done anything. I am excited to say I do have one camp scheduled in 3 weeks, however, those girls don't usually buy much. Perhaps since it's near Christmastime, they will buy some supplies to get their holiday cards started. Here's hoping anyways.

I had my first post-Hawaii weigh-in this past week. I gained a whopping 1.2 lbs from the last weigh in (2 weeks earlier). Not too shabby, I'd say, considering all the Lava Flows, Macadamia Nut items & other not-so-good-for-you-but-oh-so-tasty foods & beverages I consumed. I really need to get back on it & lose the rest of the weight. Just 7-ish lbs to go til I reach my goal.

My childhood friend, Jaime, got married last Saturday. This was her 2nd marriage. I was really surprised how similar it was to her first wedding. Mind you, it's her first wedding to Arjun, but it was so much like her wedding to Rick - she had the big, white (beautiful!) dress, the huge cake, first dance w/her husband, father/daughter dance, tossed the bouquet & garter. And dancing. There was lots of dancing. The two main differences were about halfway through the reception, she changed out of her white wedding dress & put on a traditional Nepalese gown & they continued the reception with Nepalese music & dancing. It was fun to watch the other dancing. I did get up & do one of the dances with them.

This past Friday, I went out to Girls Night Out with Jaime & her family & a couple high school friends. This was probably the closest thing to a bachelorette party for Jaime, but it happened after the wedding instead of before. We had dinner at Azteca & then went to Pumpernickels for Karaoke & drinks. I'm just going to say that some people should sing more, some should sing less and other should not sing at all. I could have made some serious Simon Cowell remarks, but these folks weren't trying out for American Idol (thank goodness!!).

Joanna called me yesterday, saying she got in a car accident. I was actually very shocked when she said it wasn't her fault; she is, in my opinion, the worst driver I know. She was rear ended by a mini van & then pushed into the car in front of her. This sounds familiar as the same thing happened to me 11 years ago, except I only tapped the car in front of me. It sounds like Joanna's car was totalled from the accident, but fortunately, she's okay. I'm curious what kind of car she gets next.

Last weekend, Trina's greyhound, Tigger, escaped through a loose board in the backyard fence. Joanna & I went over there & walked the neighborhood for a few hours on Sunday looking for her. As it turns out, one of the neighbors had her dog & she was returned safely the next day. Whew!

My cousin, Deborah, had her 4th baby last week - another girl, Rachel Joy. I haven't talked to her, but through her husband's blog, it sounds like everyone is doing well. She says she wants a big family (at least 5 kids). I wonder when they'll stop & how much it really costs to have a family that big.

The mystery gift has been solved! When we returned from our trip, we had a wedding gift from Macy's mailed to us - a gift card tucked inside a little photo album. All the box said was it was from OH. I thought it was from David's parents because they're the only ones I know in OH, but they said it wasn't theirs. As it turns out, it was from Jeff's aunt & uncle & Macy's screwed up & didn't put in the notecard that was supposed to go with the gift.

Now, I gotta get those thank you cards out!

Today, I am thankful for:
1. Apologies
2. Velcro
3. Oatmeal
4. Love
5. Mexican food, even if it doesn't taste good.

2 comments:

joel said...

I just wanted to let you know that I, too, am thankful for velcro :)

Jen said...

Velcro rocks!