Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Oops! I Did It Again (Britney Spears)

After several weeks of not tracking my points, I finally started up again last Wednesday (that is, after our Halloween potluck). I'm happy to say I'm back at 26.2 lbs lost (again) - down 2.6 lbs from last week's weigh in. I was really worried that I was going to gain, yet again, because after weighing myself last night at home, it appeared my weight was right about the same as it was at weigh in.

Only 6 lbs to go til I reach my "goal". I wonder if I'll want to quit or keep on going...

So, this morning I hardly ate anything before weighing in. And, I feel I've been gorging ever since. Sorta. Well lunch was leftover lemon chicken, rice & a mandarin orange from the local teriyaki restaurant from the night before. Dinner tonight was spaghetti, salad, garlic bread & corn. Mmm... I love corn! And the pasta & bread was whole wheat. That's not all bad, is it? I'll find out next Tuesday when I weigh in again!

Yet another SMCU'er has joined WW with me & Aimee. That makes 5 of us making the trek to the weekly Tuesday meetings. 4 others go to other area meetings. Wow! All this because of me & Aimee. That's awesome!!

I've got 4 of my 7 camp cards ready to go for my Stamp Camp next Sunday. That's good news! One of them, I think, I'm going to demo at a holiday bazaar for DSAs this coming Saturday. Depending on how many I get made (& keep), I just might end up using them as MY holiday card this year. How nice will that be to have all (or at least some) of my Christmas cards done by Veteran's Day? Maybe I'll actually send them out this year; last year I got lazy & time slipped away from me.

I'm also really excited for an annual volunteer opportunity that Kat & I have been participating in for the past few years. On December 8th & 9th, we'll be going down to the USCG gym & we'll help sort & stuff stockings for homeless children. We may also man the carosel at Westlake in Seattle as a separate volunteer opportunity, but we haven't signed up for any particular shifts. We should probably do that relatively soon.

Last Saturday, we had our open house/reception where I think we had a great turn out. There were people I didn't know & people Jeff didn't know there. Afterwards, some folks stuck around for some cards (poker & budogi). Mike & Angie were the big winners. It was really cool seeing Mike again. He left the CU back in August to persue his dream job - a cop. Sounds like he's really busy with the Academy, but he's loving it. That's important.

Jeff's great uncle is doing just fine after taking his tumble on the front porch on Saturday. He was taken to the hospital, waited around for 4 hours in the waiting room before receiving a staple or two (maybe more?) in his head. I guess the lump has gone down, he's gone home & is doing well. Lucky, lucky man! I hope I'm in as good of shape when I'm his age.

I finally called Jeff my husband the other day when introducing him to a co-worker at the open-house/reception. It didn't sound or feel weird, but I think it didn't because I said it on purpose. What I want to know is when I'll stop feeling like a "Christofferson" & only like a "McCarthy". I guess once I change my name & have to start signing "McCarthy" only, then maybe we'll see. I'll have to ask my married girlfriends when they stopped thinking of themself as their maiden name.

Today, I am thankful for:
1. Early bedtimes
2. Umbrellas
3. Cell phones
4. Wit
5. Metro

No comments: