Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sound of Silence (Simon & Garfunkel)

It's been a week or so since I last wrote. I don't think I have much to say (for once). Are you as surprised as I am? Okay, good.

Kim leaves in less than a week to meet the man she's been (online) 'dating'. How exciting to finally meet the man she's come to love. I hope she has a great time in England & comes back with some awesome stories about her trip.

I started watching Season One of Grey's Anatomy. What a great show! I'm already about 6 episodes in. After I'm done with Season One, Aimee will let me borrow Season Two. And, hopefully, Season Three will come out this summer & I'll have time to get caught up before Season Four starts & then I can start watching weekly, on real television, with everyone else in the office.

The Downtown Seattle Association has set up their annual nutcrackers around town. In front of our building, we have the Jimi Hendrix nutcracker. Pretty stinkin' cool, if you ask me. I just wish it wasn't SO close to the street.

Jeff & I went & saw Borat over the weekend. It got pretty good reviews so I suggested getting folks together to go see it. Though I laughed out loud during several parts of the movie, I was less than impressed by it. I wouldn't see it again. I guess I am glad I saw it though, otherwise I'd be wondering what I missed out on.

Joanna finally picked a car. It's about darn time, too. I swear, if I were in her shoes, I would have selected a car a LONG time ago. But, perhaps that's just me. If I know there's something I want, I'm not going to waste everyone's time learning about what I "could" have if I chose X instead of Y. Maybe I'm a little too... hasty.

I weighed in again this week & again I gained weight. Not a huge amunt, but it's a gain nonetheless: .4 lbs. I swear, I've hit this serious plateau. I can't get below 150 lbs. This sucks, but I'm not going to let it get me down (no pun intended). I'm down like 26 lbs & that in & of itself is a huge accomplishment. Go Jenn Go!

I'm a weenie when it comes to cooking stuff I've never cooked with before. I can do boneless/skinless chicken breast, but give me a whole chicken & I'd have no idea what to do with it. Yesterday, at the grocery store, I saw a packet for some bbq pulled pork stuff that sounded & looked really good & it called for boneless pork shoulder. Okay, bacon I can do. Pork shoulder...what? Anyways, one of these days (soon!), I'm going to attempt this pulled pork product. Go Jenn Go!

Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week? What are YOU thankful for?

Today, I am thankful for:
1. Lunch & gift exchange with friends
2. Dinner & gift exchange with friends
3. Dessert & gift exchange with friends
4. Evites
5. Airplanes

1 comment:

Jen said...

Family dinner sounds awesome!! I know I like when Steve has cooked for us before. Anytime anyone wants to get together is A-OK with me.