Sunday, September 16, 2007

Another Year Has Gone By (Celine Dion)

I was just peeking at my past blogs & hard to believe, I've been doing this for over a year now. Crazy how time has gone by!

Even though I think I mentioned it a few posts back, it feels like summer is really officially over. Friday night, I wanted to turn the fireplace on for the first time. Jeff wore jeans for the first time in a long time today. I closed the windows in the house today. I'm itchin' for some homemade soups! It's time to dust off the ol' crockpot.

Trina finished moving her stuff out last week. Her new residence is with her new man, Jon Stewart, in Renton. It's nice having our house "back", but it almost seems a little empty. Now, we have two rooms to spread out in once again. It's kinda nice not having stuff in those rooms, though.

Turkey dinner (for 13!!) is quicky approaching (just one week away!!). Here's tentatively what the menu may consist of:

  • Turkey (of course!)
  • Stuffing
  • Mashed potatoes & gravy
  • Corn
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Green bean casserole
  • Dinner rolls of sorts
  • Cranberries
  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Apple Pie (maybe)
  • B. Y. O. Beverage

Am I missing anything? The kitchen sink, you say? Got it. Be sure to bring your appetite!

Today, I am thankful for:

  1. Taking the Sounder to the M's game
  2. The Mayan
  3. Entertainment Books
  4. Hooded Sweatshirts
  5. Cheese

What irks me today:

Today, I am really peeved by the fact that we "have to buy" tickets to ride the Sounder Train (either for commuting to work or to a 'special' event), but the Conductor doesn't check for tickets on a regular basis. This morning, I told Kathy to buy only a one way train ticket because last time we rode the train to a M's game, they didn't check tickets. I suspected it would be the same today. I was right. However, the security gal was there to help her get her ticket & she ended up purchasing a round trip ticket. Kathy was following the rules, which is the right thing to do, but I just feel it was a waste of money since nobody even checks the tickets anyways.

4 comments:

Steve said...

So no need for me to bring my Bacon, Macaroni, and Cheese dish?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Jenn, if it's a potluck, let us know what you want us to bring! I hate to think of you slaving away in the kitchen.

Jen said...

no potluck this time. I got it covered (I hope!)

Katt said...

I totally feel the same way about the train!! They have checked tickets ONCE the past 2 weeks. What a waste! I pay next to nothing for my train pass each month through work but it still upsets me! It is kind of funny though when they actually do check tickets and people don't have tickets and they pretend they don't know what's going on........