Sunday, October 21, 2007

Cryin' (Aerosmith)

I was cryin' when I met you
Now I'm tryin' to forget you
Love is sweet misery

The plan was to catch up on Season 3 of Grey's Anatomy before watching Season 4. Well, I didn't entirely watch all of Season 3 before seeing the first episode of Season 4 a few weeks ago. I don't entirely know what's going on with everyone, but I haven't been living under a rock for the past year either. I know Burke & Yang were engaged to get married & didn't. I don't know who Ava is. This morning, I watched episodes 9-12 from Season 3 & boy was I balling. See, episode 12 was where George's father died. I think anyone who has lost a parent would completely understand the tears I cried this afternoon.

The past week was fairly uneventful.

Last night, we had an unexpected, unwanted shortlived houseguest. It's hard to tell from this picture, but the sucker was ginormous! The body of the spider was a little bit larger than a quarter.

Last Thursday, the local weathermen predicted some wind storms. According to Jeff, the lights flickered off & on all day & Shiggy hid under the bed. Scaredy cat! We weren't really affected at work. I didn't go outside except to walk to the train station. Fortunately, I had my trusty ol' umbrella to keep me dry. And, even better, it didn't flip inside out in the winds.

Coming home, was another story. The train folk decided they weren't going to drive any further south than Kent (there was powerlines &/or trees on the tracks) & I would have to find my own way home. I didn't have my cellphone with me & so, couldn't call anyone to come pick me up. I ran into Randy on the train who was going to hitch a ride with some girlfriends of his. I ran into Katt among the crowd of passengers who said David was going to come & get her from Kent Station. I found a bus & was lucky to get on AND get a seat. Even better, it was an "express" bus & so it didn't stop at every single stop between Kent & Auburn, which was nice. By the time I walked into my house, it was only about 35 extra minutes than it usually would have taken. Not too shabby.

Yesterday, Jeff & I helped Kat move into her new/temporary residence: with her friend/co-worker Laurie. Laurie lives with her husband & daughter up on the Issaquah Plateau. Or, is it the Highlands? Either way, she has an incredibly beautiful home.

What's on the agenda for the week? Tuesday, I'm going to Famous Dave's in Tukwila with Joanna & Kat. Yummy! Maybe I'll even bring a rib home for Jeff.

Today, I am thankful for:
  1. Sam's Club
  2. Getting paid to stamp
  3. I can get all my laundry done in a day
  4. Tacos
  5. Big-girl panties

What irks me today:

I'm not saying I'm perfect, by any means, but I wish people would update their blogs on a more regular basis. By "regular" I think weekly or bi-weekly is a good timeframe (not monthly or bi-monthly). I know folks with blogs & other online sites where they *could* be updated more frequently & they're not. How do I know this? Because I check. I check. And, I check again. Is it a waste of time? Perhaps. But, there is the off-chance possibility that I could be surprised with an update of what's been going on in their lives. Plus, I'm nosey. I *want* to know. So, if you think nobody reads your blog, you're wrong. I may not post a comment, but I do read 'em. So, post away!

2 comments:

deblara said...

are you daily checking my blog to see if i've done anything new? sorry to leave you disappointed. it's nice to read your comments that you leave on abe's blog. i like to feel like we're still connected in some small way. i think of you often (especially while i'm reading your frequent posts). anyway, thanks for caring enough to comment and stay connected :o)
i'll try to do better with my blog... love ya later!

Jen said...

I enjoy reading people's blogs... yours is one that isn't updated *too* frequently, but when it is, I like seeing what's new. I totally understand you're a VERY busy parent. I do have one friend who hasn't updated her blog since April... I'm thinking she's giving up on the blogging.