Monday, February 05, 2007

Lady in Red (Chris de Burgh)

It's been a pretty busy few days since I last posted. At least it seems that way.

Friday, a bunch of us met up in Seattle at Bandit's Bar for two reasons: to help celebrate Kim's 31st birthday & to meet the love of her life, Henry. It was quite crowded as Kim is the popular gal with all her friends so unfortunately, we didn't get to spend as much time as I think any of us would have preferred to spend with either Kim or Henry. But, from what I can tell, they are both very much into each other & are quite the happy couple. Sounds like there's some great plans for them to see each other in the not *too* distant future as Henry is coming back to N. America & some possible co-habitating plans are in the works.

I wonder what it takes to get a passport these days... I see some traveling in my future...

Saturday, Jeff & I took 3 big garbage bags full of clothes to the Goodwill. We also tried to give them 2 microwaves, but they wouldn't accept 'em. Not quite sure why on that one. They work just fine. If you're interested, leave a message on here. The microwaves are free. I was *kinda* sad because I did give away my prom dress & two other formal dresses I had. Okay, not like I'm ever going to wear any of 'em again, but they were pretty dresses. Or, at least back in the day, they were.

Saturday night, Jeff & I spent the evening together, playing cards, watching a little tv & drinking. I had my fair share of Smirnoff Ice. I've got two bottles left & after that I am done. Blech! I wasn't totally wasted, but was in bed before midnight. Of course, that's not any measure of anything... I'm usually in bed before midnight on every other night.

Sunday, I awoke with a headache, but was still able to do all the things I wanted to / had to. I cleaned house some (there's always dishes to do around here...). I made yet another crotch pot meal - split pea with ham soup. Yum! I went to David & Katt's house for some Superbowl goodness. And, I watched several cooking shows I had recorded.

Today, I am thankful for:
1. Aspirin
2. Hot & Spicy drumsticks
3. Easy to make split pea soup
4. Belly dancing classes
5. Tupperware

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, I could TOTALLY use a microwave. Let me know when I can come pick one up.

AWESOME.

Jen said...

How does this weekend work for you? I'm going to Everett on Sunday afternoon for a Stamp Camp. I could drop one off...