Thursday, February 01, 2007

I Wanna be Rich (Calloway)


I got an email from my boss this morning saying she had my review done, she tracked down the paperwork & would I be available at 3:00 for my annual review? Holy cow & heck yeah. My review was actually processed on time & ready for me on time. This is awesome! Now I had to wait all day (well, til 3p anyways) to see the results. I knew it wasn't entirely bad because she eluded the other day that I did, in fact, get an increase. Just how much was that increase going to be?


A year ago, when I started working in the department, I had a goal in my mind of how much of an increase I wanted. After realizing I was slacking in an area or two, I thought to myself, "there's no way I'm getting my desired increase." I was, however, pleasantly surprised with the amount she gave me. It was less than my desired amount, but more than what I thought I was getting. Actually, it was just about in the middle of what I had originally wanted & what I thought I would get.

What's also cool, in my opinion, is that I'll be getting promoted to the next "tech" level shortly, so that's another 5% increase in pay. Hopefully, that will happen within the next month. Ch-Ching!! I so can't wait.

With my additional income, I'm going to work at paying off my car even faster. According to the online calculators, I *should* have it paid off by 9/08 rather than 5/09 IF I am diligent in making those extra payments.

Today, I am thankful for:
1. Grilled cheese sammies
2. Chicken noodle soup (condensed)
3. Bourbon street salad from Beba's Deli
4. Raisin bran cereal
5. Fiber One &/or Kashi cereals

No comments: