Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Overjoyed (Stevie Wonder)

As I was laying in bed this morning, I was kinda hesitant about getting out of bed because I knew this was the day that the wick was to come out & after experiencing the pain I felt on Sunday & Monday, I was NOT looking forward to inflicting that upon myself once again. I did, however, suspect that it wouldn't be nearly as bad as just a few days ago because the wick hadn't been in as long as that one was.


So, I got up. Went potty. Pulled the gauze off my leg. Yep, wick still there. Look out hot shower (doctor's orders), here I come. I still wasn't looking forward to pulling it out, but carried on about my business by washing my face & then onto my hair. After I rinsed my hair, I look down to see my wick is missing. It must have fallen out with the water pressure on it (it wasn't a very long wick to begin with). Yes!! I don't have to pull it out, afterall. Needless to say, I was superthrilled!


What's more, I poked at it a little bit to see if more pus/stuff would come out & it didn't hurt at all. Woo!! You can kinda see in the picture where the hole is & how big it is. There is a little bruising around it, but the skin is mostly irritated from the tape being on it.

Amerian Idol is in full swing. This week, the boys were FAR better than last week. The two that I thought were the weakest & likely being sent home were Sanjaya & Brandon, though that saddens me because I really liked Sanjaya in his auditions & want to see more of him. A couple of the guys sang songs that I didn't know or like & so it was really hard for me to tell if they were singing them good. For example, I wasn't impressed by Sundance (I'd like to see him go home) & the judges just raved about him.

Tonight, after watching the girls perform, there are 3 that I would not be surprised if they were voted off: Antonella, Haley & Alaina. I don't think Antonella will be going home this week for two reasons - 1. I think she's this season's Kellie Pickler (cute, but ditzy & can't sing) & 2. there's some buzz going around about some naked pictures of her on the internet. I haven't seen them, so I don't know for sure, but I think she'll get a fan base because of it.



Today, I am thankful for:


1. Mountain surprise
2. Bike shorts
3. Having multiple TVs
4. Approved overtime
5. Marie Callender's delivery

No comments: