Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sunshine On My Shoulders (John Denver)


This morning, I woke up about 10 minutes after 8 & the sky is, for the most part, blue. I absolutely love it when I go to bed & it's been kinda nasty out or dark & grey and then the next morning, it's so clear outside. Seems it's most often like this in the spring. I love it!

Thursday night, I had gone up to Joel's & Mickey's house to check out their Fortune presentation. When I was just about home, the time/temperature sign at the bottom of the hill said it was like 49° & my car said 51° (my car, for some reason is always 2° higher than that particular sign). Mind you, this was close to 11pm. I was kinda surprised how 'warm' it was for how late it was for how early in the year it was (it's still only mid-february afterall).

I thought the Fortune concept was interesting, but since I still have a few unanswered questions, I won't post my opinion on here of the whole thing just yet. Joel, I'll get those questions to you in the next week or so. I'm not necessarily interested in becoming a manager, but just have general questions on how it'll all work out, etc.

Tonight, Jeff & I are hosting a potluck & games night with our friends. It originally started with Trina & David coming over as a thank you for having Jeff & I over at their house several weeks ago for dinner & a really bad movie. She asked if we wanted to invite others over & make it a group shindig & I said sure; I love my friends so c'mon on over. I'll be making some meatballs in the crockpot. Mmmmm!

Yesterday at work, I was chatting w/a co-worker via email about our plans for the 3-day wknd (President's Day is on Monday, ya know). She said she was going up to her cabin on Camano Island & invited me & Jeff to come along to hang out & play games. I said no because they're going up on Sunday & I have a Stamp Camp on Sunday & we wouldn't get there til late anyways. But, I invited her & her husband to our game night. It might be a little awkward because Mindy & I have never actually hung out outside (or inside) of work; she works at our Kirkland branch & I'm downtown Seattle. We talk on the phone a bit (when she has work related questions). Anyways, though I have a feeling they won't come, I hope they do. It's nice to make new friends. Kat & I have talked about this before: you don't get many opportunities to make new friends when you're older. And we all know about the social butterfly that I am.

Today, I am thankful for:

1. My Valentine
2. Rod Stewart
3. Kitchen scales
4. Melonballers
5. CHOCOLATE!!

1 comment:

joel said...

tonight was fun! thanks for hosting :) mickey, sydney and I all had a great time.

and sure, get those questions to me whenever. I'll answer them to the best of my ability... while I stare at the screen instead of the audience...

heh.