Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House)

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
'
My 5 day vacation from work is just about over. It was a nice 5 days off. That is, as nice as 5 days off with nothing planned can be. Usually, I like to have things planned to do. Otherwise, I'd rather just save my time off for something better (going somewhere or cashing out my hours - cash is always good, if you ask me). But, I got 5 days off with only using 16 of my hours & Friday was, in fact, a busy day. So, really, I only took one day off with nothing planned. Justified? Well, it's my hours so yes.
'
Last night, one of my SU customers asked me to do an Ornament Camp & so today, I ran a few errands, finding stuff to make such ornaments. I think it will be a lot of fun for a few reasons:
'
1. I'll get to meet new people
2. I'll get to make something new (some of these I haven't made before)
3. I just love Christmas themed stuffs (snowmens & snowflakes & reindeers & santas & apple ciders & trees & ornaments & JOY & NOEL & PEACE & LOVE & you get the idea. I love it all).
'
Yesterday, I went to the grocery store & bought a few things I've never bought before. We had porkchops for dinner last night (that was a first for me) along with wild rice, veggies & caesar salad. In the near future, I see a beef stew (something Jeff has been asking for) & beef stroganoff on the menu. Tomorrow, however, I'm going to have Jeff throw a few items into the crock pot when he wakes up for a BBQ pulled pork recipe I have. Tasty!!
'
Can you believe it? Thanksgiving is just next week? And Christmas is like 42 days away? I've seen a pretty cute christmas countdown sidebar on a few blogs I frequent, but don't know how to add it to my own. Instead, I'll just tell you. 42 days.
'
Have you even thought about your Christmas shopping yet? I haven't. In fact, I'm doing VERY LITTLE holiday shopping this year. Instead, I'm donating to some sort of charity. Perhaps, adopt a family in need. Perhaps, give to a local food bank. Perhaps, give to the Salvation Army bell ringers. Perhaps, all of the above. Perhaps, more.
'
Today, I am thankful for:
1. The option of taking time off work
2. The option of cashing out my hours
3. The option of donating my hours
4. New recipes
5. New friends
'
What irks me today:
Yesterday, I was flipping through the channels & came across what seemed to be a pretty cool 'reality' tv show on the FOX Reality station called Boot Camp. It's channel 159 or something like that. Anyways, it looks like this show was on back in 2001 & I missed it. That's okay. But I can't tell from the comcast description what episodes are new. And with all the episodes lasting an hour or more, I don't want to record all of them. And, I really don't need to be sucked into another show, but I'm curious... who wins? By the way, I don't want to read the spoilers online. I wanna watch the show in order, no repeats, all the way to the end. Too much to ask? Oooh, a Boot Camp marathon is what NEEDS to happen.

1 comment:

Steve said...

You should donate to the Human Fund