Sunday, November 18, 2007

If You Don't Know Me By Now (Simply Red)

If you don't know me by now (If you don't know me)
You will never never never know me (No you won't)
If you don't know me by now
You will never never never know me
'
My birthday is coming up in about 3 weeks. I'm not saying this because I want everyone to go out and buy me something. Gifts are nice and all, but what I really dislike about giving is the fact that so many people don't know what to buy others. And so they ask, "what do you want for your ___?" You can fill in the blank with Birthday, Christmas, Shower, etc. Any gift giving reason, really. I know I talked about this once before (last Christmas, perhaps), but I despise "the list". Jeff's family is always big on Christmas lists. I hate them. I feel like if you wanna get me a gift, then you should at least know me enough to know what I like & dislike. I don't want to have to write a list so you know what to buy me. Sweater, check. Perfume, check. DVD, check. There's no joy for me to know what to expect as I'm unwrapping the gifts.
'
My company dinner was last night. Originally, it was to be a murder mystery on the dinner train, but about 3 weeks ago, the dinner train closed their doors for good. So, acting quickly, our social committee booked the Argosy cruise as the venue for the murder mystery. It was just okay. Not a huge amount of people went, but I think more went on the cruise than had signed up for the dinner train (due to the more centralized location). And, the murder mystery bit was kinda lame, but it beat the improv comedy troupe they had booked 4 years earlier on the Argosy cruise. And, the hilight of the evening was winning a gift, even though I didn't take it: a year's membership at LA Fitness gym. They called my ticket number & I told them to draw another number because I know I wouldn't have used the gym membership, especially considering the closest one is in Fed. Way.
'
Today, Kat came over & we went to lunch in Federal Way at Azteca thanks to some free dinners I received for replacing my windshield several months ago. After lunch, we went to a few stores: the Orowheat discount store, WalMart, Top Foods. After our running around, we came back here & made cookies. They, too, were just alright. I dunno why... they just didn't taste all that great to me. I see some cookies in my co-workers near future. Heh.
'
Today, I am thankful for:
'
1. Winning raffle tickets
2. Purchasing our London airline tickets already
3. My new MP3 player (that I didn't ask for- thanks Jeff!)
4. Jeff going to Randy's to watch football & Family Guy
5. Brown
'
What irks me today:
'
Today, I am irked by the fact that I didn't really have anything "nice" to say in my post. Each of the things I wrote about (excluding what I'm thankful for) was all kinda negative. Boo! I'll try harder next time to be nice.

No comments: