Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Piano Man (Billy Joel)

Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright
'
Hearing Billy Joel sing always makes me feel alright and I'll be feelin' alright tomorrow night when Jeff & I go see Billy Joel in concert at Key Arena.
'
I enjoy going to concerts. There's a few I've gone to with others (Rod Stewart, Michael W. Smith, Neil Diamond).There's a few I've been to by myself (Bon Jovi, Matchbox 20). There's a few on my "must see" list (Elton John, Billy Joel, Kenny Loggins), that is I'd pay almost anything to go see them perform once last time before they stop performing altogether.
'
I had the opportunity to see Elton John earlier this year in Las Vegas with Kat. Interesting show. He's still a great singer, in my opinion. I was excited when I found out Billy Joel was coming & even more thrilled when Jeff bought us tickets for our one year anniversary, last month. I was sad, however, when I heard Kenny Loggins was coming, to the Emerald Queen no less (sorry to hear your career is over, Kenny) on a day when I absolutely couldn't go. Darn it!
'
I'm looking forward to this weekend for a few reasons:
'
- Friday- I took the day off work so that Jeff & I could go get passports (watch out London, we'll be there in no time). I'm also going to the dentist, which, for the most part doesn't bother me. I like my dentist; I've been seeing her religiously every 6 months for at least the past 8 years. I may also be the new owner of a Kitchen Aid mixer that I found on Craigslist (if she doesn't sell it before then - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's mine, all mine).
'
-Saturday- I'm selling some things in a craft fair at a local church. I'll be taking some lunch tins (for cards, recipes, anything small enough to fit), name frames, cards & some of my latest CD creations. Check out my other flickr account for pictures.
'
-Sunday- No plans, but to hang out with my husband (maybe go on this drive his dad keeps talking about)
-Monday- No plans
-Tuesday- No plans
'
That's right, I've got a 5 day weekend! Yeeee!!
'
Today, I am thankful for:
'
1. Baby Showers - past & present
2. Being able to see my "Must See" music groups
3. Five Day Weekends
4. Chili Mac with added veggies
5. Having a bad day
'
What irks me today:
'
Did she really just write that she was thankful for having a bad day? Yes, actually, I did. Yesterday, I had a pretty bad day at work. I was so frustrated with my boss that I literally was ready to throw in the towel. So, why am I thankful for it? Having a bad day every now and again gives me perspective on just how challenging my job can be at times & it makes me thankful that I don't have my boss' job. So, what irks me about having that bad day? Pretty much just the way my boss was harping me for answers I didn't have. But, it's giving me learning opportunities for the future.

1 comment:

pathtolight said...

Found you in a Kenny Loggins lookup. The Emerald Queen concert - was a great one! I mean great great!