Thursday, November 29, 2007

Torn (Natalie Imbruglia)

So, as the title suggests, I've got a little bit of conflict going on right now. I'm torn. I don't know what to do. We've known all along that Kim was going to be getting married in a few short months & I've said all along that we would go no matter where it was as our airline miles would cover the air part of the trip. Who knew there were other things to pay for when going on a vacation abroad (accomodations, food, activities, traveling about once at said destination)? Apparently, I didn't think about this too much when saying we would go "no matter what". And now, after talking about the other expenses, we don't think it's best for us to go to London at this time. But, we said numerous times in the past that we would.

So, do we ditch our budget to witness a one of a kind event for our good friend? Or, do we ditch our promises & commitments to save a buck or two? I don't know the answer. Those who know me know I'm BIG on commitment & I feel like an ass even suggesting not going. But, then again, I didn't think it was going to cost $2k either.

I'm torn. What would YOU do if you were in my shoes?

In other news... last Saturday I went to Brazilian food at Ipanema's in Seattle with Jeff, Kat, Steve, Airi, David, Katt. The food was decent, in my opinion. I kinda compared it to the Melting Pot. Something that might be a fun experience every now & again, but not something you wanna do all the time.

As seen in the picture to the right, our server, Apolo Ohno is carving some meat off the large skewer. Jeff eagerly awaits!


Today, I am thankful for:

1. Christmas plans have been decided by someone other than me
2. WW points posted on Lean Cuisine's & Lean Pockets
3. Black Eye Pea special for $3.99
4. Understanding, patience & forgiveness
5. Receiving my passport in less than 3 weeks - WOW!

What irks me today:

I'm not super savvy when it comes to computer stuff. Sometimes I have Jeff "fix" whatever is bothering me. Sometimes I "make do" with whatever is bothering me. I am really frustrated at the fact that sometimes when I post something & especially when I add pictures, it deletes my paragraphs (or makes my post one giant paragraph). If you ever see the little apostrophe's in my post, the reason is because I can't 'fix' this problem on my own.

No comments: