Monday, September 04, 2006

Everybody's Workin' for the Weekend (Loverboy)

Except for us; we're workin' ON the weekend. We had, in my mind, a pretty busy weekend planned, though in retrospect, if I tell you what we got done, it doesn't seem like much. We were busy all weekend, though.

I think on top of our "list" of things to do, Jeff wanted to paint our newest bedroom (formerly a bonus room/office; we added a closet to it making our house a 4 bedroom house). He also wanted to move our elliptical machine into that room & get it set up as a "workout" room. We didn't get this done, though. Maybe next weekend (yeah, right).

For me, it was pretty important to work some more on our downstairs bathroom, which we did (finish taking the wallpaper & glue off the walls). I'm pleased with as much of the wallpaper project we got completed. All that's left there is to take the glue off from behind the toilet, but we need to take the toilet out (our contractor will help us with that tomorrow). Also, we need to take the glue off the wall that has the electrical outlet & lightswitch & just around the bathroom light. The power needs to be shut off when we do that; I'm not risking electrocution for a little wallpaper removal. We've already conned Jeff's mom into coming over next weekend to help with putting the new wallpaper up.

When we moved into our house 3 years ago (I can't believe it's been 3 years!!), Jeff's folks gave us a gift certificate to Todd's Nursery in Sumner/Puyallup/Orting area & we bought a bunch of shrubs because the previous idiot, er... I mean owner got rid of virtually everything green & pretty here. Anyways, they have an annual sale over Labor Day Weekend & we got a bunch more shrubs & groundcover today. But, now that means we're going to have to plant everything. We've already planted two of the four rosemary plants (they smell SO good! I used some today for dinner. Mmmm) & 5 of the 12 groundcover plants. Jeff also transplanted two small, unhappy bushes we got from Steve last year. In addition to the rest of these, there's still about a dozen or so other shrubs to plant. I hope we have one of the better homes & gardens in our neighborhood when we're all through.

Last week, Jeff & Steve had made plans for Saturday evening to see the Little Miss Sunshine movie & have dinner. Airi & I were, of course, invited too. It was a double date of sorts. Good food. Good friends. Good movie. Good times. I enjoy hanging out with friends. I especially enjoy when Steve cooks. You're a good cook, Steve. Invite us over anytime. Next time, we'll bring the Citronella Candle.

Today, I'm thankful for:
1. Jeff's tolerance of me not doing yardwork. Ever.
2. Rosemary (the herb, not Clooney; someday, I may be thankful for her, but not today)
3. Holidays (even silly ones like Labor Day)
4. My chosen family
5. Dishwashers

No comments: