Friday, September 29, 2006

Ballerina Girl (Lionel Richie)

Lately, I've been pondering the whole job situation. Not because I want to find a new job necessarily, but I was just curious what I could/would do. So, my question of the day was this:

If you could do anything & be successful at it, what would you do?

For me, the answer is/was easy: a dancer.

I also learned some things about my co-workers that I never would have thought - Aimee would do something with fashion or interior design. Debbie, my boss, said she wanted to work with animals and then said, "oh wait... I already do!" Haha! She did clarify to say she wouldn't want to be a veterinarian, but rather maybe work at a zoo or wild animal park. Faith, who I thought would be a singer surprised me saying she would be a scientist. Who knew? Linda, was the most predictable: a SAHM. But then I said it would be doing something & getting paid for it. Therefore, if wanting to work with kids, she could be a teacher or nanny. So, after thinking a few moments, she said she always thought it would be interesting to be a Court Reporter. That is interesting. I wouldn't mind trying that myself if my dancing career didn't work out.

I feel like Rachel Greene in the episode where she couldn't see her unborn baby in the ultrasound pictures & Ross kept pointing it out, saying "do you see it, it's right here..." & she'd say yes, but then a few moments later cry because she really couldn't see & she felt like a bad parent because she couldn't see her own baby. Well, I don't have a baby that I can't see, but I got my hair colored tonight & Michelle put in both lighter & darker colors in it. She asked if I wanted it "streaky" or "chunky" & I said no; I wanted it blended, more natural looking. So, she did. And, now it's so well-blended that I can't see the different shades. Kat says she can see it & in different lights, you can see it more, but I just can't see it. Makes me wonder if I spent that much for nothing. I did get my eyebrows colored & waxed (for the first time, I might add) for free! I think I was a weenie before, thinking I couldn't ever do the waxing as it would be too painful. It wasn't bad at all.

So, I know I can be an anal butt (is that redundant or what??) sometimes... Okay, so I'm already packed for the trip & we don't leave for another week & a half. My defense is that I didn't want to forget anything. And, really, I'm not 100% packed. I still need to pack stuff I use on a daily basis like my makeup & certain shoes.

Today, I am thankful for:
1. Someone pointing out my flat(ter) tire
2. Crystal Light
3. Lunchtime Walks
4. QOTDs
5. Fridays

1 comment:

Kat said...

At least you didn't look like a cartoon character like I did! I just hope my hair is a normal color by the time we leave. Don't forget...no sun for YOU!