Monday, September 25, 2006

Sad Songs (Elton John)

I'm so sad... Tonight, I was catching up on last week's episodes of Celebrity Duets (yeah, I got sucked into yet another reality show) & saw that Jai Rodriguez was voted off. I was certain he would win the show. He's got an awesome voice & seems so in control of it. But alas, it's our votes that keeps the contestant on. And, since I refuse to vote, I guess I can't really say too much, can I?

If I heard right, FOX is replaying season one of American Idol starting this weekend. I'm definitely hooked on this show, but didn't begin watching until season 2; I'm excited to see how it all began. And, season 6 will begin in January. Wahoo!

On Friday, Jeff took me out to dinner to a restaurant I've been wanting to try for several years: Mama Stortini's. If I recall correctly, the story is they had this great Italian restaurant in Tacoma, but Tacoma wanted the space they occupied for some city buildings. So, Mama Stortini's was forced to close down & move. And they did. To Sumner. Or, Puyallup as the address says, but really, it's Sumner. Just ask me. The food was tremendous & very delicious. The service was right on (quick & accurate). The restaurant's atmosphere was beautiful (leather seats & white table cloths). The prices weren't horrible either, but I didn't have anything to compare it to; I hadn't been to the old location. I love Italian food.

After dinner, we made a quick pit stop at the local McDonald's so I could see my good ol' friend, Ms. Kohler. Boy, was I happy to see her. After a brief meeting, we headed off to Fred Meyer to find some for sale signs for Jeff's truck.

Saturday, I took Trina, Kat & Joanna to Chutney's Indian Restaurant in the Fremont area as a thank you for all their help with the wedding stuff so far. I love Indian food. After lunch, Kat had mentioned a Hawaiian store not too far away on 45th. We stopped, of course. I think we went there to check out what they had for clothes for Joanna & Trina. I found a really cute Hawaiian print dress that I'm wearing to the Luau. I'm not wearing it Go-Go style. I also picked up a Hawaiian print bag that I take on my commute to hold my book, my lunch, etc. Trina found a dress for herself there as well. And, one of the ladies who works there is a travel agent, specializing on Hawaii so we picked her brain on some stuff. Awesome. After Chutney's, it was off to Emerald City Smoothie for some cool beverages. Thanks, Kat, for the water. That was really sweet of you!!

On Sunday, Jeff's mom came over & after a quick lunch at Subway, we wallpapered the lower half of the downstairs bathroom. She got us started & I had fun finishing up. I hadn't wallpapered before. Next: buy some spray texture, paint & chair-rail from the good ol' local home improvement store.

After wallpapering the bathroom, Jeff & I drove around & looked at some houses. If you had told me a year ago that we'd be moving, I would have told you, "Oh hell no I'm not!" I'm slightly more open to the idea right now. We looked at a Quadrant Community & I wasn't turned off by the homes or the community. In fact, I really liked one of the floor plans. Unfortunately, it was just a little too outside our budget. Dang!

On Friday, I was supposed to have my monthly meeting with my boss, but after postponing it til the end of the day, I asked to postpone it again to today. Thank goodness she approved; Debbie was in a foul mood on Friday afternoon. Something about being stressed about work. So, then I started thinking more about my job. I like my job for the most part. I've been w/my company for 5 1/2 years. That's a LONG time to me. I have good benefits. I like the people I work with. And, the work itself isn't all that bad. But, I was thinking... where else could/would I go? Several weeks ago, after having an awesome experience at Subway, I thought if I had to have a 2nd job, I would work at Subway (as opposed to Blockbuster like I did several years ago. Don't get me wrong, I loved my experience at Blockbuster, but I think this time around, I'd go to Subway). More seriously, I was considering the USPS & even went to their website today to check out jobs. I'm not sure I'm ready to leave my current employer, but I think this is where I'd go... if I could get hired there. And, if I become any more unhappy, I just might actually pursue a job there. Maybe.

Today, I am thankful for:
1. Indian food
2. Italian food
3. Chinese food
4. Fast food
5. Leftovers

1 comment:

joel said...

jenn! I'd totally let you make my sammich or route my mail :)