Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Wanted Dead or Alive (Bon Jovi)

In recent news, Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter, was killed when he was stung by a stingray. I don't want to sound callous, but I'm really not saddened by this. And part of me feels bad for not feeling bad, but I was rather annoyed by this guy. Not that I would ever wish ill-will on him or his family (it is sad his children will continue to grow up without a father & his wife without her husband), but I'm kinda relieved that he won't be on tv anymore, except for re-runs.

Today, I received the final addresses from Jeff's family. I'm still waiting for one (maybe 2) very important address(es) from Jeff with no luck yet. BUT, it IS true that I can hand-write those envelopes if need be & I'm sure the recipients aren't looking up in their wedding etiquette handbooks & shaking their fingers our way in disbelief at how late we will be in getting them out.

So, that means the invitations & announcements SHOULD go out very soon. Hmmm... I wonder what the etiquette is on sending out wedding invites, anyways. I shall look that up. Six - eight weeks, some website says. Oops, looks like I missed that one. Our wedding is 5 1/2 weeks away. Okay, then. They will go out tomorrow. Weeee!

What's next on the wedding agenda? I need to make dinner reservations for after the ceremony. Since this isn't a catered event, I've chosen a reasonably priced restaurant, Moose McGillycuddy's, with a great variety of food so folks can choose what they want to eat. Unfortunately, they don't take reservations prior to one month in advance of the event.

My dress is scheduled to ship from who knows where on Sept 22nd. Then, I need to get the alterations on it done. They assured me the dress will be completed before we leave for Maui, on Oct 11th.

Oh, and there's a bridal shower (next weekend) and a bachelorette party two weeks after that. I'm looking forward to having a good time with my girlfriends.

Jeff's dad also gave me information on a great Luau that most, if not all, will attend on the Friday before the wedding. I need to look into reserving that for everyone & then figure out payment arrangements.

Fun times. It really is coming together.

Today, I am thankful for:
1. Evites
2. Voicemail
3. Faith a.k.a. my momma
4. Unity
5. When my "throw-together meals" taste pretty darn good

No comments: