Friday, September 01, 2006

Jumpin' on the Blog Bandwagon

I wonder how many first blog posts out there begin with something to the effect of "jumpin' on the blog bandwagon"... Well, here's one more to add to that list. I'm not quite sure with 100% certainty what will become of this blog. I don't know who my readership will be, if any. I don't know how often I will post or what I will post about. I'm not sure how long I'll blog before I'm bored of it. I'm not even quite sure I really even know what a blog is or is supposed to be. But I'm doing it. Here & now, I'm doing it. So, bear with me as we embark on this new adventure... Together.

So, why blog? There's a couple people's blogs I've come across recently & I guess I'm a really nosey person or something, because I really enjoy reading them & finding out what's going on in their minds & in their lives. These people are friends & relatives that I don't necessarily talk to on any kind of consistent basis, so it's also a way for me to feel "connected" to them, even if we're not communicating via other means. Maybe other's would feel the same way about me. Maybe they want to know what's going on in my life & in my mind, too. Maybe not.

So, why now? It just seems right, I guess. I recently was reminded of a journal I had started a few months back, shortly before getting engaged. In it, the only thing I was writing was 5 things I was thankful for that day. Mind you, I only had like 4 or 5 entries altogether, but I had changed that notebook into my Wedding Plans book & ripped out my "thankful entries". If I blog nothing else on a particular day, I hope to blog my top 5 things I'm thankful for.

Today, I'm thankful for:
1. My boyfriend, Jeff
2. My typing speed & accuracy
3. Warm (but not too hot) temperatures
4. Buying 2 pants that fit at 2 stores on my lunchbreak
5. Blogspot, of course

3 comments:

joel said...

hurray for blogs!

Anonymous said...

Isn't Jeff a little more than your "boyfriend" now?? :)

Anonymous said...

"fiancée" seems so "snooty-ish" of a term. I just don't like that word.