Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Picture Perfect (Michael W. Smith)

Things I love about this time of the year:

1. kids go back to school
2. trees turn beautiful shades of red & orange
3. cute holiday decorations are starting to arrive in the stores
4. I don't have to shave my legs as often
5. the season premieres start up again

Already, I've watched 2 episodes of Til Death, the spinoff from Everyone Loves Raymond. I didn't watch Raymond, but this Til Death show, so far, is pretty funny I think. I can see this being one of my new regular shows.

Last night was the Monday night lineup premiere as well. I recorded & watched Two & a Half Men & How I Met Your Mother. Both shows, I started watching in the middle of last season & got right into them. How I Met Your Mother ended last season with an awful cliffhanger. I'm glad the summer went by quickly so I could find out what happened. I also recorded The New Adventures of Old Christine. The season finale last season was funny & I was really looking forward to watching the premiere. I just haven't had time yet. Maybe tonight.

Tonight, is the season premiere of one of my favorite dramas - Boston Legal. That show is very well written. I'd recommend it to anyone, even if you don't like William Shatner.

Aimee let me borrow her season 1 of Grey's Anatomy. I've already watched 1+ episode tonight. And, until I catch up with the rest of season 1 & 2, I may TiVo season 3 which starts this week. Grey's Anatomy, Lost & Desperate Housewives are shows I wish I had started watching & never did, but sound so good when people talk about them.

Tomorrow, the 7th cycle of America's Next Top Model begins it's season w/a two hour premiere. Woo! Anyone who knows me knows I love reality tv. I *think* this is the only reality tv show I'm watching right now. Well, unless you count Celebrity Duets, but that's not really "reality", is it?

I did see that the next season of The Biggest Loser is also starting up (was it tomorrow?), but I'm probably not going to watch. I watched a couple seasons ago when Suzie & Matt were on there & really enjoyed it, but when I tried watching the next season, I got bored rather quickly.

Soon, American Idol will start up again.... probably in Jan or Feb, I'm guessing. There were auditions held in Seattle today. Someone mentioned to me today that if they were younger or within the age range for American Idol, they totally would have tried out. That got me thinking...

Though I like to sing w/the radio, in the shower & in the car, I wouldn't audition for anything like that. I KNOW I don't sing at the same skill level as more "professional" singers do, therefore, I wouldn't even embarrass myself with trying out. But, if you knew someone who wasn't the best out there & they wanted to audition, would you tell them not to? Obviously, you want to be supportive, but if they think they're good & the reality is, they're not, what do you do? We've all watched those auditions shows & wonder what these people were thinking? Do they REALLY think they're that good? Why didn't their friends or family save them from the embarrassment? Maybe they don't care & just want their 15 minutes of fame at their own expense.

If I ever lose my mind & decide to do something that I REALLY shouldn't be doing, someone slap me, please & give me a reality check.

Today, I am thankful for:
1. Recycling
2. TV on DVDs
3. Apologies
4. eTools
5. Starting anew

No comments: