Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Get The Party Started (Pink)

I'm unsure as to whether or not I'll be using song lyrics or song titles as my subject titles. So far, I've been using titles, but I think I'll end up using lyrics mixed in with song titles. Sometimes, I get a few lines from a song stuck in my head & so, then I'll have to come up with a blog topic to go with it, hold onto the lyric for future use, or bag it altogether. Most recently, I've had some Ashlee Simpson songs in my head, specifically some lines from "Love makes the world go round" song:

I just wanna talk to you
And my broken heart just has no use
And I guess promises are better left unsaid, yeah

But, I have no reason to use any of these lines in my title... SO, I'll just keep on singing this song in the shower, in the car, in my mind, when singing aloud would be impermissible.

Yesterday, I made reservations for our 3 "fun" things we're doing in Hawaii - Bikeride down Mt. Haleakala, Luau & Snorkeling. I knew going into this trip that I wanted to do (& was going to do) the bikeride down the volcano. I really wanted to do it last time we went to HI, but couldn't sucker anyone into doing it with me. This time, Jeff has agreed to do it. BUT, the one I wanted to do was the sunrise trip, where they pick you up from your hotel/condo around 2:30 in the morning (that is not a typo; they really pick you up that early), however, because we're arriving so late, I didn't want to do that one. The one I reserved is also an early morning one, but they don't pick you up from your hotel/condo until 7:30am. Much better than 2:30!! The luau is a "discount" luau & we're saving somewhere around $40/person (or more, depending on the luau). This luau also came recommended by Jeff's aunt & uncle. Finally, the snorkeling excursion should be fun too (though, I'm a little worried as I don't know how to swim). We are going to Molokini & Lanai. It sounds like we'll probably see dolphins & possibly turtles, in addition to the fish.

The bachelorette party situation has been resolved to the best of my knowledge. I've given almost the entire reign of the night to Kat, Joanna & Trina. I've just told them that I don't want to be utterly embarrassed by whatever they plan, I don't want penises pinned to me in anyway & I'd REALLY prefer nothing from the Erotic Bakery. I'd like to have some alcohol on this evening, though I'm not sure who's available to go & I don't want to be the only one who's drinking.

When I talked to Kat yesterday, I mentioned to her that I thought (before giving up on the whole thing), that one possibility for dinner could be The Rock & have drinks (A.K.A. Buckets) there, but then after a bucket, Jenn's a goner. Joanna mentioned possibly going bowling at the new Acme Bowling Alley in Tukwila. Sounds good to me. But, whatever they have planned, it's gotta be better than sitting on my bum at home, right? I'm excited about the secret plans they have in store for me.

Jeff is having his bachelor party this weekend. I asked what he was doing & he said all he knew was playing cards. I told him I wanted to come & he said if I wanted to come, I should. See, I love hanging out with our friends & playing cards. I only wish my girlfriends felt the same (with the exception of Kim). That was a nice gesture on Jeff's part, but if this is his "bachelor" party, that wouldn't be cool if the bride-to-be showed up. Plus, it would also really be up to the other guys at the party, especially the ones throwing the party. We'll just have to either host a card night or con Steve into hosting a co-ed card night. Steve - are you reading this??? :o)

My bridal shower is also this weekend. I can't believe it's here already. And, we're getting married in a month. The best news I received all week was that my wedding dress has arrived. See, they told me when I placed my "rush" order that it would ship from who knows where on Sept 22nd. That put me into a "will-my-dress-be-here-on-time-for-the-necessary-alterations-and-accessories" panic. I kinda put it in the back of my mind that it would be okay as there would be nothing for me to do but patiently await for Sept 22nd to arrive. I let out a HUGE sigh of relief when Lady Margaret called me herself to tell me that it had arrived. I go in tomorrow to get fitted & the alterations done.

Tomorrow, I'm also going to the Puyallup Fair with Jeff, Joanna, Trina & David. Originally, Jeff & I were going to go because Train is playing there & I really like their music, plus Jess has seen them before & said they put on a great show. Then, last week, Joanna calls & says she's won 3 tix & she's bringing Trina & David. How cool is that?? The only thing I'm NOT looking forward to is that it looks like our summer is really coming to an end & thus, the rain is coming; according to weather.com, there's a 40% chance of rain in Puyallup tomorrow. The good thing is much of the fair is indoors. The bad thing is I think our seats at the concert are not covered. The great thing is, I'm from the Pacific Northwest & will not melt like the Wicked Witch of the West.

Today, I am thankful for:
1. Our new microwave
2. Music in general
3. Debbie is an "us" & not a "them"
4. Orbitz Lemon-Lime Gum
5. Robert Kiyosaki

2 comments:

Steve said...

Not to worry, there will be a co-ed poker night, just not sure when.

joel said...

ooh, lemon lime from Orbitz, I'll have to try that. I think they make the Orange flavored gum I like. Mmmm...